Monday, January 26, 2004

Some snow day this turned out to be. I spent all morning shoveling snow. My back's killing me. The salt truck finally remembered our road about 11am and started plowing. The old neighbor woman still can't seem to make her son, grandson, or great grandkids shovel for her. She was out in her nightgown and coat shoveling a couple of tracks down her driveway. I have to help dad carry the wood later. Mom has to go to the doctor, she's been coughing some and with her lung condition, she can't wait around on a cold. I called off work this morning and only the supervisor and Darlena were there. I don't know if anyone else was coming in. I emailed George to tell him that I wouldn't be going to the state office for the luncheon and he replied that he and Kay were still going because they found out that another sub-unit within the adj. unit is reviewing the work of the sub-unit that's assigned to George and Kay's region and George and Kay are going to sort them out. He promised to let me know what happens. The sub-unit that's doing the reviewing used to do my audits, so I know just how screwed up they did my audits and how wrong that whole situation is for George and Kay.

And tomorrow, we're supposed to get more snow. But, hopefully, the roads will be in better condition and I'll be able to get to work. I'd rather use my vacation days for vacation rather than snow shoveling.

No comments: