Friday, June 25, 2004

Big News!

This past Monday I had gone to the bank to get prequalified for a home loan. Today, I learned the outcome. I have been prequalified for the maximum amount I specified. Yay. That means I can finally start phase 2 of the house project - the actual house part, not just the saving money part. It was kind of torturous having to wait all week, but the news is good so that makes up for it. I didn't tell my parents about it until I found out how much the bank would loan me. Dad can be such a wet blanket that I didn't want to give him a whole five days to list every negative thing he could think of. So, this was a good way to end the week.

Today at work I was down at our state office testing the programming and one of the bosses asked me to provide him with information he needed for a report he was preparing to submit to our state legislature. Sounds important, doesn't it? LOL! I wonder if this guy is a member of the BEST Award committee. April is nominating me for the award, and I nominated her and Scarlett and Tony. Surely one of us will win this time. If not, the committee will at the least be sick of seeing our names, which is a good consolation prize. I would like to see April, Scarlett or Tony win, but selfishly, I hope I win just because I know an email announcing it will be sent out to everyone and little miss commissioner (aka Morticia as Scarlett calls her) will have to read the email and realize that she just can't beat me. And a BEST win can't hurt when we get our new supervisor. Brownie points - not just for Girl Scout trainees anymore.

No comments: