Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Today I helped Scarlett make a banner and a few posters for Fatherhood Day at work. The banners will be entered into some kind of contest to see which one is best across our entire state. I don't know if the people who made the winning banner actually win anything - probably not. Anyway, we (April helped too) spent all day on this when we could have been doing real work, but if that's how the bosses want to spend their money, then hand me that glue and poster board. Also today, Tony interviewed for the Supervisor position in our office. He dressed up in dress pants, a nice ironed shirt and a tie for the occasion. He also brought a change of clothes with him so he could change as soon as his interview was over. Well, I'm sure you will never guess what happened to his change of clothes when he left us with free access to them during his interview. Needless to say when he got back from the interview, he had to play the "warm/cold" game (you know, 'you're getting warmer, oh, you're getting colder' - that game)to find where I hid them. LOLOL!!! The look of consternation on his face was priceless. But he also had a sneaky grin too - he knew it was a good prank and appreciated it. Julie bought me a candy bar to bribe me into doing some work for her. I brought it home with me but after stopping at Walmart and the grocery store, the candy bar melted in the heat of the car. However, it's in the freezer and it will survive long enough for me to eat it. While I was at Walmart I bought these cute plastic glasses - green and blue ones. They are for that house that I will someday buy. I don't buy many things for 'the house' because I have no room to put them and I don't know what the house will look like and I'd like to have things that went with the colors of the house, but I had to get these glasses. They have a secure place of honor under my bed right now.

Here's a funny story about Keith Urban - scroll down part of the way on the page.

No comments: