Thursday, June 10, 2004

We still don't know who's going to be our supervisor. Tony claims he hasn't been told yet, which is worrying the rest of us. We are beginning to think he hasn't been told because they picked someone else. I told Tony I would help him find a job at the dreaded state office if he didn't get to be supervisor. I wouldn't blame him a bit for leaving.

I got a catalog in the mail today that has non-electric things like oil lamps and solar powered things, and old hand tools. I need to look at it some more. I got it to buy some things I might need for my new house (if I ever get one) in case I lose the electric due to storms and such.

And I got my A-Team dvds. Check out The Maltese Cow over in the green box for more on those.

Those of us at work whose paychecks are not direct deposited will be getting paid early this week due to the post offices being closed for the former President's funeral. But we have been told that even though we have been paid early, we CANNOT cash our checks until TUESDAY. Do you know how many people will go ahead and cash them anyway? This will never happen again and they will force all of us to become direct deposit employees after this future fiasco.

No comments: