Saturday, August 07, 2004

I saved $3.80 during the tax free shopping trip this morning. It might not seem like much but we've had a sales tax for as long as I've been alive (a long time) and it's exciting to actually be able to buy something tax free without having to buy it on the internet. I got everything on my list except potting soil. It wasn't a tax free thing, but I had planned to get a bag. I think I'll have enough anyway to transplant my orange tree. The dogs have stayed with me all day today. They will have major separation anxiety when the weekend's over. Neighborcat came by this evening. He has cuts and bumps on his forehead and face. Apparently he lost another fight. I think he's now 0 and about 579 or something. And since the weather was so wonderful today, sunny but about 70-75 degrees, I went out and did some walking. I bought a pair of very unflattering jeans today (that's what I get for not trying on clothes, but then it's not like walmart actually has workers who do what they are supposed to and man the dressing room station) so I figured I'd better try to lose a little weight so they can be just unflattering, instead of very unflattering.

Yesterday, I did a little shopping at Krogers. I was at the deli waiting on the deli worker to bag up a pound of turkey breast when she started singing a Byran Adams song that was playing in the store. They must play that song a lot because it was one of his old ones and I doubt if anyone actually remembered the words on their own. It's not like the Everything I do song from the Robin Hood movie or anything. So, the worker was singing and you know it didn't seem all that bad. Maybe we should sing at work. Another Krogers story... Krogers has one gallon buckets of ice cream for sale. They have one kind of bucket for $3.49 and another kind for $2.79. Naturally I've been buying the cheaper kind. I noticed the lid said the ice cream was low fat, but I figured it wasn't really low fat, you know like the small difference between whole milk and 2% milk. So, after about a week of eating this ice cream I noticed that I hadn't gained any weight so I compared the labels of this ice cream and the kind that is sold at $3.49 and you know what, it really is low fat. It's a shame I don't believe anything I see anymore.

The satellite dish people have given us free movie channels this weekend. We are getting the HBO and Cinemax channels. It would have been nice if they had told us before the weekend started that we'd be getting them, but as usual I just expect too much from mere mortals. The bad thing is that Bill Maher's show is on at the same time as Design on a Dime. How will I choose between them? Maybe Design on a Dime will be a re-run. It usually is.

No comments: