Monday, August 02, 2004

This weekend I've been doing a little gardening and watching Season 2 of Andromeda on dvd. I transplated Dad's pear trees into bigger flower pots and the plant Polly gave me for my birthday into a bigger pot. And season 2 of Andromeda is pretty good. I have a habit of going to message boards to try to get some spoilers for the next season of my favorite shows and I'm bewildered by these people who obviously hate Andromeda because it isn't written the way THEY want it to be (who ever said it was their show? I don't see their names on the credits.) Why do they post messages about how they no longer watch the show and how the show is awful? You'd think they would let go of that negative energy and put their time to more positive use. "Fans" of Alias do the same thing, criticizing the writing and direction of the show. I miss the old days of TV before the internet. One writer somewhere takes an internet idea and incorporates it into the show, and now everyone thinks they should have a say in how the show evolves. Stupid. TV shows aren't interactive stories, they aren't choose your own adventure books. I suppose these people think they could re-write Shakespeare too.

No comments: