Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Yay! I'm all alone tonight! Mom and Dad went out to Cincinnati to see my sister, brother-in-law and the baby and they won't be back until sometime tomorrow. If only they had gone on the weekend when I would have been home to enjoy it more. Oh well. Fritz and Steffi were very excited to see me tonight when I got home from work. They don't like being alone. They have been barking at every little noise tonight. But they get my parents' bed all to themselves so I'm sure they are pleased at that.

On the Olympics watching front, I've seen some fencing and tonight some equestrian events. I can understand why Scarlett is the way she is after I watched some of the horse stuff tonight. Scarlett used to show horses, in case you were needing the connection. Tonight, they said the German team won the gold medal. Then the French made a protest and the gold medal was given to them. Then the Germans protested the protest and they were given the gold medal back. If all horse judging is this fickle, I don't see how people can stay committed to it. And I really don't understand how people who make mistakes can be given the gold medal over people who have clean runs, like that German woman today who won the individual gold medal but knocked some of those fence rails down. Oh sure, they will say it's all about a combined score over three days of events, but the Olympics is supposed to be about perfection. Is it just me or are there a lot more mistakes in this Olympics across the board in all sports than there's been in the last few Olympics? I should just go back to watching Pro Wrestling. That, I understand.

On the History channel they are having Greek Week and I'm learning all kinds of things about Greece. Tonight they said the gold that adorned the statue of Athena in the Parthenon would be worth $11 Billion today. You have to wonder where all that gold went.

Scarlett, I checked the nbcolympics.com website and dressage and jumping is supposed to be on Saturday and Sunday. The schedule says 8:30 and 9am Athens time. So, maybe you'll get to see some equestrian stuff. Try the Bravo channel if you can get it. That's where I saw it tonight.

Speaking of tv watching, I've been watching this show on BBC America called Location, Location, Location. It's about these two people who take prospective home buyers around and show them properties. Well, it seems that every home buyer on the show has a price range starting at arount $200,000.00 (the show has the price of the home listed in Pounds and Dollars). That's really expensive here in America. So, I'm wondering, are these people in the upper class or what? Maybe my British friends can shed some light on this. I figure real estate over there would be expensive anyway, but how can people afford $300,000.00 homes? Makes you wonder what a Big Mac sells for over there.

No comments: