Sunday, August 22, 2004

I've just come from visiting a message board trying to find out some spoilers for the new season of Andromeda. Didn't find any spoilers, but there was a series of posts regarding television coverage of the Olympics. I don't know why I bother to read any posts on this specific message board, because all the people on that board hate everything. But I read the posts about the Olympics. And guess what, they hate everything. Big surprise. Their main problem was someone's perceived notion that NBC is only focusing on American athletes and not covering any other athletes. Well, I hate to disappoint the whiners, but I just watched the women's marathon today and NBC didn't say anything about the American competitors until about the 21st mile. Up until then, it had been the Japanese leader, the Chick from Africa (I think Kenya) and the British woman dominating the coverage. I watched Beach Volleyball today and the two teams were both from Brazil. I watched rowing today and not one American team was competing. I watched table tennis and badminton, both sports dominated by Koreans, Chinese, and that Indonesian Bad Boy that the comemtators were talking about the other day. I watched water polo and the teams were Hungary and Germany I think. And did I not watch the soccer match between Mali and Italy. And there was a softball game on today but not the American softball team. I get so tired of the people on that message board. I should know better than to read anything that doesn't look like a spoiler. At least I'm not a registered member of that board. I'd surely get into tons of fights and have to be banned.

No comments: