Friday, August 06, 2004

I'm glad it's the weekend. I'm going shopping tomorrow, some tax free and some fully taxable. Usually I go to P-Burg to shop, but I don't feel like making the drive. I plan to wage another fierce battle against the mighty flea brigade that has infested the house. Fritz has skin problems but he won't let me spray him with hydrocortizone spray. We use a spray bottle of water as a deterrent to his cat chasing urges.

My garden isn't doing all that well. Well, I guess that's a relative statement. No tomatoes at all when I can usually grow those in my sleep. But I have two cantaloupes and I usually can't get any of those. Oh well, you take what you can get.

Today at work Lydia whined to the RAM about April asking her to do a little work, so the RAM said she didn't have to. Big surprise. I think Scarlett may have some competition for the "My Favorite Worker" title. But I think Scarlett can take her. I've got some posterboard like material - I'll make you a crown Scarlett. I told April that all she had to do was wait and eventually things will come back around and she will get her justice in some other way. It always works that way. And the Ram proved to be yet one more person who works in our agency who can't read. She called me yesterday and asked if she could use the ARBB function because someone told her that it wasn't supposed to be used. I said yes it could be used and that I hadn't heard anything about not being allowed to use it. So today she sends me the email I got a couple of months ago that says only Technicians aren't allowed to use the F2 function. That had nothing to do with ARBB. It was very clearly stated. So, I explained to her that the two things were separate and one had nothing to do with the other. She didn't respond. Maybe that was why she was cranky with April. It couldn't be because we had to call her attention to her $6000.00 screw-up today. LOL! The state office made the $6000.00 mistake even worse by sending out $2000.00 of it to someone when they should have had the check re-deposited. And somehow even though the state office screwed it up, the field people had to be the ones to do the extra paperwork to try to fix it. Maybe the RAM was just annoyed that April had pointed out about 5 mistakes that Greg's made in the last two days alone. But you know, she hired him and helped train him so she's responsible. It's not our fault that he doesn't double check his work. Makes me want to go to work for the B. Justice unit - this is a woman who is feared and hated by just about everyone in our agency because she nitpicks everyone's work in order to make sure our agency passes the federal audit. I'd love to work for her just so I could nag some people.

No comments: