Thursday, September 23, 2004

Home Sweet Home

Maybe not yet. I got to see the A-Frame house tonight. A very bad choice. We drove for miles out a paved country road. Then we turned off onto a gravel road and traveled even farther. Seeing a "Dead End" sign was not encouraging, but things looked even worse when we passed the sign and kept going. Finally we reached the house and encountered the driveway. It was straight up hill and the bottom half was gravel and dirt, then it turned left and had some paving. There is no way anyone could live there all year round. As for the house, it was ok if you didn't mind hitting your head. The basement had to have 8 foot high ceilings. The second floor had the slanted roof thing going. It felt very claustrophobic. The bathroom wasn't all that great either. Someone had built a closet in the middle of the bathroom. It wasn't the ideal spot for it. So, I wasn't all that happy with the A-Frame. Not all that disappointed because I figured it would be out in the middle of nowhere. I also got to see the house with the 5 acres and the horse barn. Scarlett should have been with me, there was a horse in residence. It was black and I thought it looked young. But I've never been around horses, so that was just a guess. Anyway, the horse was skittish and didn't come up to us to be petted. That house was ok. Small rooms, different carpet in every room. Propane furnace and gas range. Full basement, but the lights didn't work in the basement. The bathroom was ok, but smaller than the one I've got now. And the toilet didn't flush. I don't know what the problem was with it. The house is about 50 years old and it has a tin roof. The driveway is gravel, but not all that steep. The real estate woman and I walked out to the barn and she had to open the little 'gate' part of the electric fence. She said, "I don't even think this is on." Then, she touched it. Guess what. The electric fence was on. LOL! She didn't get hurt, just a little zapped. Heehee. The barn looked pretty good. Of course, Dad, being the wet blanket he is, had nothing good to say about the house with the barn. Even though he didn't see it for himself. I think I'm going to call up another real estate agency and ask to see some of their listings. They have less acreage, but the houses are newer and more spacious. I think I want to see several different places before I decide on one. This decision will probably have to do me for 30 years, it needs to be an educated one.

No comments: