Wednesday, September 08, 2004

I think Neighborcat would like to become Housecat. He tried to follow me into the house tonight. However it is raining cats and dogs outside so I think that's a big part of it. But I can't let Neighborcat come in. The dogs would not be nice and Neighborcat is not a skilled fighter. He's a skilled loser. So, it wouldn't be good. On a related note, I think Shade, the former house cat, likes Neighborcat. She doesn't fight him and I've seen them nose-to-nose. I think they are smitten with each other :)

I also think I'm slowly being poisoned by flea killer. The good news is that Kitten, the only housecat we actually have in the house, is now using a real litter box in her old porch area after a couple of months of avoiding it like the plague thanks to it being infested with fleas. I have given in and started putting flea powder in the litter. I don't think the flea powder is supposed to touch living skin, but I haven't noticed the cat acting any crazier than usual. I also spray flea killer on the carpet surrounding the litter box. This all means that when I clean the litter box, the flea powder dust billows out of the box and I have to hold my breath to keep from coating my lungs with it. And the flea spray, well, you can imagine how its smell permeates the air.

As for the flea battle with the dogs, that's not going as well. I have flea spray for them, but they hate the spray bottle. So, I have to wrestle them down and spray them as much as I can while I have the chance. If I try to rub the spray into their coats, then I lose my grip on the spray bottle and I end up accidentally spraying myself in the face and such. Yuck. But I'm convinced now that I could enter and win a greased pig contest at the next county fair. That Steffi is a squirmy, fat, little chihuahua.

Here's a website for the socially conscious shopper: Eziba.com

No comments: