Monday, September 27, 2004

Today at work April had emailed the ram to get clarification on some policy. Greg had completely overruled decisions made by the previous supervisor which in turn meant that April had to reaudit 4 cases. The ram called April and said that yes, Greg's actions were supported by policy and then she emailed April the policy that pertained to what Greg had done. The only problem was that the policy said the complete opposite of what Greg did. So, I followed up with an email back to the ram asking for the correct policy. Well, then the ram calls me and she says that what he did wasn't in policy but that it was the way she wanted it done. I have no problem doing things the way she wants them done, she just has to be honest enough to say that's what she wants. But by first saying that there was policy to support Greg's actions and then reversing herself in her conversation with me, it sends the message that she doesn't really want us to do our jobs correctly, she just doesn't want us to question Greg's actions. (Or Lydia's for that matter). The ram kept telling me "I don't know what you're asking for." It wasn't that she didn't know, it's that she didn't care. I mean it's hard to not understand the words, "you said there was policy. where is it?" So, the next time April has a situation like this, I'll tell her to go to our attorney, who can overrule anyone in our office. He will end up making Greg do 10 times more work. Serves them right.

Julie got back from her Florida vacation. She said she would have laid out on the beach, but there was no beach thanks to the last few hurricanes. It's good to have Julie back. April and I need another smarty-pants to joke around with.

No comments: