Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Today was Scarlett's farewell party at work. She is transferring to P-Burg. I was in charge of the party, which is an unusual experience for me. I usually don't plan the parties. But today's was a nice one. We had pizza, no-bake cookies, and this chocolate mousse, whipped cream, cookie crumb dessert thing that April bought at Walmart. Tony's mom must think people eat a lot. She works at the pizza place so Tony called her to get a discount and she told him that for 9 people, we would need three pizzas (36 slices). Well, we had one whole pizza left over at the end of the day. I gave Scarlett half and I took half home. But I left the no-bake cookies. Everyone loves them more than pizza. Charlotte got a cookie when she came in and said, "Now, you don't bake these, right?" They aren't called no-bake cookies for nothing, you know. April and Julie got a kick out of her blond moment. Scarlett confided in me that she now shares a similar opinion of Melanie to the one I have. I don't know why other people feel the opposite of what we do for her. It's a mystery. But apparently Charlotte may feel something akin to what we do. April and I heard her on the phone to someone in P-Burg (presumably Luinna) and we heard Charlotte say, "Well don't tell Melanie."

I heard today on the news that apparently Martha Stewart is going to spend her five month sentence here in WV. The news people interviewed residents of the town and they were all excited that Martha could do a lot to help the community. Inmates at this facility are allowed out to do community service - anything from trash detail to singing in choirs. The residents on the news hoped she would have some good ideas about the flower beds in the town. It's a shame that her mother may have a more difficult time visiting her here instead of the two other facilities that she would have liked to have been assigned to. But hopefully, the time will go fast and Martha will be home before she knows it. And to satisfy the cynics out there, the news reporter stated that a nickname for this facility was "camp cupcake". So, she won't be working on any chain gangs.

I'm still suffering the effects of the Begin2search toolbar bug. It has hijaced my Internet Explorer browser. I don't know where we picked this thing up, but we can't get rid of it yet. I found some directions about deleting lines out of some kind of registry. But when the directions start out by saying, "Make a back up of the registry.", that sounds just a little bit serious, like I'm not sure I'm the one who wants to be touching the registry. I'll have to do some more research to see if there' s another way to get rid of this. If you have XP, I think there's a patch you can download, but I have 98.

The new season of Andromeda has begun. Check out my "The earth hath skin" blog for my comments thus far.

No comments: