Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Below in a separate post you will see a recipe for No-Bake Cookies. I posted it for the Mad Perseid. I guess they don't have no-bakes where he lives. Check out his blog while you're here - the link is in the blogs of note section in the green box.

On to today's events:

I am stuffed! We had the team meeting today and most of us went to Pizza Hut for lunch and did the buffet thing. I ate way too much there. And then after the meeting, on the way back to our office, we stopped at Dairy Queen and I had a peanut buster parfait. I am so stuffed I can't get on the treadmill. I can't drink anything even though I'm dying of thirst because there's no more room in my tummy for anything, even ice cold water, which is what I'm wanting. I did get some crushed ice earlier and I think I will need more in a little bit.

Jo and Julie, our newest workers, try their best to play pranks on Tony but they always seem to tip their hand and he begins suspecting them, or they can't follow through to the end and do the prank justice and end up confessing what they did. Today, they devised a new prank to play on him next week when they go back to training. Well, during the meeting they told our regional manager that they will have a 'news event' for her to report in her weekly report after they come back from training. They were deliberately vague but pointed about it at the same time, which automatically makes Tony suspicious of them. I don't think he's going to fall for the prank this time. Plus, their forte seems to be in prank phone calls. Prank calls only work a couple of times.

We were informed today that we will be getting a new-ish dress code at work. People are ticked over it, but it isn't as bad as it could be. The only change I can see is that we can still wear jeans, they just can't be blue in color. And since I'm almost ready to buy smaller jeans anyway thanks to working out, I'm not all that upset about the dress code. Thankfully, I don't have to wear dresses and dress pants. Yuck. As long as jeans are acceptable, I'm fine with the dress code. And since the dress code did not exclude red pants and yellow shirts, I figure I can get even by following the dress code to the letter - hahaha!!! They will be begging me to wear blue anything after that. The state is in debt for millions of dollars, unemployment is a problem and there is no money in the pensions to pay retirees and the governor is worried about blue jeans. What an idiot. But at least he has a few more football games to watch since working out the deal for Marshall University to play WVU. Thank Goodness he solved that crisis. What would the state have done without a football game?

And it looks like dad may have to have surgery for his shoulder from when he fell off the roof. That means a possible three months of not doing anything while it heals. They buy a house and give me a glimmer of hope of letting me have alone time, and then this comes up. They can't move out if they can't move their furniture and they can't move furniture if dad can't do anything. GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!! What's the point of having the new house if they can't live in it? I would move to their new house but I have to take care of my dogs and I'm not moving them into that house. The property isn't fenced and the dogs would wander off.

I'm off to get some more crushed ice...........

No comments: