Friday, June 03, 2005

The tooth is finally gone! Mom and I got up at 5 am to get ready to drive the 40 miles to the oral surgeon. Dad made us leave at 6am for an 8am appointment. So, when we got down there to the office, we had an hour wait. The surgeon stuck four or five needles in me, without that nice numbing stuff that the local dentist used to numb the skin first. The numbing stuff the surgeon used was way weaker than anything the local dentist gave me. I was not impressed. I think the surgeon does this for the express purpose of having to put you to sleep because they get more money for putting you to sleep. An extra $200.00 to be exact. So, out I went (they used a shot rather than the gas that they give my sister) and the next thing I knew I was waking up in a different room with Mom sitting next to me. I finally got to eat something around 11am - KFC mashed potatoes - yum! Then I took a pain pill and slept off and on for a couple of hours. Watched a little golf - Tiger this, Tiger that - blah, blah, blah, then switched the tv over to watch Nicole Kidman on Oprah. Had some Chicken Noodle soup a little bit ago and I'm thinking that I can eat some of the birthday cake later on tonight :)

No comments: