Saturday, June 04, 2005

I watched part of the third round of the Memorial tournament today - PGA golf. Yes, Tiger Woods was on the air quite a bit, but he didn't have a good round so that gave the sportscasters a chance to talk about some other golfers. Thank goodness. Half the time, those sportscasters forgt there are 70 other players in the tournament. I picked a good day to watch since Fred Couples finished the day tied for the lead and will start in the primo spot of the last group tomorrow. I've been a Fred Couples fan for as long as I've watched golf. The first golf event I ever watched was a Skins game with Fred and three other famous players - I can't remember if it was Payne Stewart, Tom Kite, Greg Norman or John Daly - one of them wasn't in there since there are only 4 players in a Skins event. I think the toss up is between Norman and Daly, I'm pretty sure Payne Stewart and Tom Kite were in this event. Especially Payne Stewart as he was the all time money winner in the Skins events.

No comments: