Monday, December 19, 2005

Christmas Dinner

Mom and Dad seem excited about having Christmas Dinner at my house this year. I stopped by to see them today and to take them their mail. Mom keeps asking if I want her to bring anything. Either she really wants to contribute, or she's getting senile. So, I told her today she could bring the Allen family traditional Christmas Candy (specifically chocolate covered peanuts) and she offered to bring toll house pan cookies. I wasn't planning to have any desserts I would eat so this will work out well.

I was planning to upgrade to the 180 channel package on my satellite dish after the first of the year, but I think I will do it Friday so Dad will have something to watch Saturday when they come up for dinner. And I will have four days to watch all the new channels.

It looks like the weather may cooperate on Saturday and we won't have any snow or ice. I hope that is still the case on Saturday. The evil weathergirl just said there might be snow in the forcast. Blah, blah, blah. They all call for snow around Christmas time. What is the deal with snow on Christmas Day??? Don't they know Jesus was really born in the spring and there wasn't any snow???

No comments: