Sunday, December 04, 2005

Movies and Cooking

A lot of my day was spent working here at home. I cooked a turkey for Steffi, cooked some chicken for me, froze some of the cake I baked yesterday. I did some laundry. Worked out this morning. I'll have to post those totals later. The highlight of my day, I think, was when I watched the dvd Mr. and Mrs. Smith. I thought it was a pretty good movie. Too much action and not enough character development, but it was still a good show. I didn't like the ending all that much. We don't know how exactly they got their respective employers to stop trying to kill them. Hopefully, there will be a sequel and we'll find that part out. My favorite line from the movie was something like "I told you I saw your dad on Fantasy Island."

I'm watching the local news right now. They are reporting on the controversy of calling a Christmas Tree a Christmas Tree rather than a Holiday Tree. They interviewed one customer buying a Christmas tree and she said "We're turning into a country of pacifists. We're trying to pacify everybody." Heaven forbid we have peace at Christmas. Sometimes you just can't make these things up.

Tomorrow, if we don't get any snow accumulation, Mom and I may go back to P-Burg for the dining room table and chairs. Dad has to take my car to the mechanic to get my back brakes fixed and Mom has to get her prescriptions taken care of first. I hope I can find a table and chairs I like on this trip and actually buy them. I'm taking my checkbook with me just in case.

No comments: