Saturday, December 24, 2005

Christmas

Today we celebrated Christmas at my house. Last night I baked an apple pie for Mom and Dad and made the cranberry sauce. This morning, I got up at about ten til six and set out the rolls to rise. Then I made the home made noodles, fed the dogs (Fritz wouldn't eat), vacuumed the living room and dining room, and made up Fritz's and Steffi's stockings. At about 9am I put the turkey breast in the oven.

Mom and Dad came up about 10am or so. They brought coffee for them since I don't have coffee in my house, and they brought toll house pan cookies, peanut butter fudge and peanut clusters.

Before dinner, we dug into the stockings. Fritz got a couple of squeaky toys and some raw hides. Steffi got some doggy treats and some raw hides. Her raw hides will have to be soaked in water though. She can't chew them normally. Mom got an air freshener, a box of thin mints candy, and a wall hanging cloth calender for the kitchen. Dad got an extension cord, a deck of cards in case their computers crash, and a bag of candy.

I made the rest of the Christmas dinner (yams, green beans, mashed potatoes, the noodles, and gravy) and we sat down to dinner about 12:30 or so. Everything was good. After we were done with round one of dinner, I put the leftovers away into gladware for Mom to take home and for me for later. Mom did a nice thing and washed my dishes. Dad took Fritz for a couple of walks out in the woods.

We let dinner settle for a while. Mom and I tried to take a nap on the couch and Dad played some solitaire on the computer. Then Dad woke us up by asking if Mom was ready to leave. It wasn't even 2pm. So, we opened presents. I got a Fannie Farmer cookbook and a greatest hits cd of country music singer Mark Collie. Dad got a mini flash light that is tied around your head, a couple of pairs of gloves, and an amplifier for the receiver of their phone. Mom got a Randy Travis gospel music cd and a desk lamp. Mom and Dad's joint gift was a small floor rug that almost matches the color of their living room carpet. My sister and brother in law's gifts for us are in transit. In fact I did get my gifts from them just a few minutes ago. The mail carrier misdelivered them to the neighbor. My sister and brother in law and niece and nephew got me two books: Alias-Vigilance and Andromeda - The Attitude of Silence.

So, it was a very good Christmas for us. Hopefully, Mom and Dad will get their presents from my sister and her family and they will love their gifts as much as I love mine.

I'm still stuffed from dinner at noon but hopefully, I will find room for some of those cookies later tonight.

No comments: