Monday, December 19, 2005

The last few days

Well, here's what happened. Thursday I saw a chihuahua mixbreed dog in the paper. It was at the local animal shelter. So, I adopted him before thinking it through. I have wanted a long haired chihuahua for a while. I brought him home friday evening after his surgery (he had to be neutered). Fritz and Steffi were not happy. Fritz started growling, which he never does even when Jasmine rides him like a horse. Steffi threw up all over the house Friday night. The dog wasn't much of a problem. He yelped a while when I put him in the crate and went to bed friday and Saturday night. He chewed on my fingers, wrist and hand like a puppy even though he was supposed to be a year and a half old. He thought he was a rabbit beagle and took off sniffing and running through the pasture with me on the other end of the leash. Sunday, Steffi bit me because I happened to be in between her and Scrappy (the new dog). Sunday night, Steffi did #2 all over the house. So, I decided Scrappy had to go back to the animal shelter. He's an adorable dog and will no doubt be adopted by a loving family. And I made it easier for him to be adopted by paying for his neutering. It was difficult to take him back, but I couldn't have Steffi sick and upset at her advanced age and Fritz can't adopt that aggressive behavior if my niece and nephew are going to be terrorizing him in the future. Fritz and Steffi were happy when I came back home without Scrappy. So, this is obviously what they wanted. And since they are members of my family, they do get a vote.

No comments: