Monday, December 05, 2005

Shopping

Mom and I went to P-Burg again today to shop for a dining room table/chairs and buffet/hutch for me. The day started out decent enough. I dropped my car off at the mechanic so my back right tire/brake could be fixed. They said they could get to it after 1pm today. Then Mom and I went to P-burg. I drove her car. By the time I got there, I was feeling like I was going to throw up. I don't know if it was a virus or a reaction to the Lutein I had taken this morning, but I was not feeling well at all. We stopped at McDonalds and I got something to eat, hoping that would make me feel better. It didn't. I nearly threw up in Big Sandy. But I continued on because I was not going to waste the trip. I picked out a dining set at Big Sandy but didn't want to make a final decision without checking out Value City Furniture as well. So, Mom and I went there. There was only one real possibility there and it was purposefully distressed. It looked stupid. If I'm going to spend that kind of money, I want something that looks new. So, we went back to Big Sandy and I bought a dining room table, chairs, buffet and hutch. It's cherry finish and seats 4 people. It's going to be delivered on Saturday. I told mom and dad that we can now have Christmas dinner at my house, provided it doesn't snow. I told them I didn't know if I would let them eat at the table, given the amount of money I paid for it. LOL!

The car finally got finished at 4:45pm. I had to spend the whole afternoon at my parents' house waiting for it. But I did take a nap or two so the day wasn't a total loss.

No comments: