Saturday, December 03, 2005

Shopping

Today was a pretty good shopping day. The one disappointment was that I didn't have my checkbook with me. It turns out the dining room table and chairs are probably going to cost me more than my credit card limit. I could get cheaper stuff, but if it's going to last me for 30 years like mom and dad's have lasted them, then I need to pay for a good set. Anyway, I got a couple of things I needed, found a new Diana Palmer book, got a Christmas present for Dad, ate lunch at Ponderosa (waiter guy watched me the whole time. Mom said he dropped the coffee cup because he was watching me instead of the cup and the table - LOL).

After shopping with Mom, I went to the grocery store and Walmart. At walmart I found another Christmas gift for Mom and Dad. They had a sale on chocolate chips at Krogers - a dollar a bag. I stocked up.

Dad was saying today that he needed to start working out. I hope he does. He needs to get healthier.

I got the electric bill today for the first cold month I've had in the house without Dad here burning the wood stove for heat. Using electric only, the bill is $110.00. That's about 35.00 more than what Dad would pay if he was burning the wood stove for heat. So, I don't think it's too bad. I know some people pay a lot more in electric.

No comments: