Sunday, October 14, 2007

Too Little Time

Weekends need to be three days long, not two. I would really like to have another day to just lay around the house. But we are coming up on vacation and holiday seasons so I'll have some extra time off in November and December.

Winnie and PJ went to their grandparents' house today. They played and ate treats and slept. It was cold at grandma's and grandpa's. They haven't lit the pilot light on their furnace yet. And they had a bathroom window open. It was only probably 40 degrees outside this morning.

I had to help dad load that freezer this morning and then unload it at his house. And mom sewed on PJ's coat today. I think sewing machines are more trouble than they are worth. It took mom an hour. She kept breaking the thread, her bobbins wouldn't work. I would have said "to heck with this, I'll sew it by hand" after just a couple of minutes. Then when mom tried to sew down the velcro (by hand) she bent one needle and broke another.

I've been watching tennis and golf this weekend. Tennis - a russian woman beat Serena Williams to win the event, and in golf Angel Cabrera nearly won the HSBC World Matchplay event in England. Good thing I have the tennis channel. Every time the golf announcers mentioned Tiger Woods, I would change the channel. On my tv, the tennis channel is just one notch down from the golf channel so it was an easy press of the button to escape TigerFest.

No comments: