Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Bounce, Bounce, Bounce

Have I told you about my mini-trampoline? After thinking about it for a couple of weeks, I decided to buy one this weekend. I had heard on a tv show that 5 minutes of trampoline jumping equals 15 minutes of walking and that seems like a really quick way to get a workout in. So, I bought one. And I've been using it since about Sunday. I didn't use it today because it's a little hard on my feet (weird, isn't it?) But the trampoline, combined with my diet, and I've lost 1.4 pounds since yesterday. Who knows what I weighed on Sunday when I started the diet and exercise. I'm hoping to stay on track and lose some more weight. Tonight, even after dealing with the annoying worker (see prev. post), I pretty much stuck to my diet. I bought a turkey sandwich at Krogers for supper. And I think it has so many calories that I will have to skip the pop-tart tonight, but the sandwich isn't an unhealthy choice, and the calorie count for the whole day should be within a good range for me 1200-1400 calories. Still acceptable for the diet. And the trampoline seems to be doing good things for my body shape. I will have to keep you all updated on how the trampoline workouts go.

I also bought the book The Bourne Identity today. I've been in a mood to read spy thrillers (thanks to the Alex Rider series) and I've been meaning to read the Bourne books and then watch the movies so I bought the book tonight when I got the sandwich. I haven't started reading it yet. I'll probably start it tomorrow. It's a big paperback with very small print. This might take me more than a couple of hours to read.

This week, I've been reading the Nero Wolfe books. I haven't wanted to bring Alex Rider to work with me and the Wolfe books are detective books, kind of like spy thrillers but not.

No comments: