Saturday, March 08, 2008

Snowed In

Well, I'm getting snowed in today. At least I was able to get to the store this morning and get back before the sleet turned to snow. I slid a little going down my driveway this morning and then once turning through an intersection in town. But other than that, I didn't have any driving problems this morning. I don't think the puppies will be able to visit their grandparents tomorrow though. Unless I do some shoveling later today, which I might. It's good exercise and there's no reason why I shouldn't. It's supposed to warm up tomorrow so much of it should melt anyway.

At the store, I bought cleaning solution for my new steamcleaner - it cost about $20.00. For that much money, my carpets better smell and look great. I also bought something unusual - a mini-trampoline. I watch this show on BBC America called You Are What You Eat and the woman who hosts the show told this lady that 5 minutes of trampoline jumping equals 15 minutes of walking. So, I thought if I could jump for 10 minutes and get a half an hour of walking done that would be great. I put the trampoline together this morning and tried it out. One minute and I was breathing somewhat heavily and I could feel it in my legs so I think this might be a good exercise tool to use. And I can put it right in front of the tv, unlike my treadmill.

I also got a small bottle of zinc supplements. I'm feeling very tired lately so I thought it might be a zinc problem. I don't think I'll do what the bottle says and take one tablet daily. One tablet has 333% of the daily recommended allowance and I think that might be too much considering I already take a multi-vitamin. So, I'll probably just take one tablet every two or three days or cut them in half or something. If this doesn't give me more energy, I'll try iron next. Romaine lettuce is about as dark-leafy as I get in terms of eating vegetables, but maybe I can sneak a little baby spinach in there somewhere.

I was very good when it came to buying food today. I only bought slimfast bars. No junkfood, no candy. There wasn't anything I wanted. I was tempted to get a pizza but even that wasn't a 'gotta have it' idea so I left it behind at the store.

I finished up the homemade chocolate fudge easter egg I bought from a co-worker. Now I'm sick - LOL. But the egg is gone. I made some biscuits this morning to eat during the day today. I can snack on them all day, eat some tomorrow if there are any left and even give some to the dogs. PJ didn't eat any dog food this morning, just treats.

I tried to lay down for a nap after I got back from the store this morning, but I couldn't turn off my brain and sleep. So, I got back up. Hopefully, I can get a nap sometime today.

No comments: