Saturday, March 01, 2008

Happy It's the Weekend

I am very, very happy that this is the weekend. I have been very tired lately. So tired that I decided to eat salads for supper to see if the change in diet would help. And I started eating some nuts since they have some vitamins and minerals in them. I've switched my work hours so I can get home a half hour earlier so maybe I will be able to do some workouts of some kind in the evenings. I'm hoping this is just a diet and exercise problem and not the nasty flu that's been going around at work. Apparently, if you catch that flu, you keep it for about three weeks. It's a good thing I have an OCD thing about hand washing and that I take 1000 mg of Vitamin C every day. Sure, some doctors claim vitamin C doesn't help with colds and flus, but I'm not listening to them. And work has been exhausting too. Not the part where I do my job, but the part where I have to fight with other people who don't want to do theirs so they make excuses and try to screw up to try to get out of doing their jobs. I may have to take a sick day soon if this keeps up. I'm not looking to take any vacation days until the end of the month and I don't think I can last that long.

I now have all of the paperback editions of the Alex Rider series. Waiting for the latest book to come out in paperback. I can't wait to see where this all leads. I did read the last few pages of the next book I have to read and found out how it ends.

I bought a shower curtain at walmart this morning. It was on clearance and it's a picture of fish and dolphins swimming underwater. I'm hoping to somehow hang it up on my bathroom wall so I can have something pretty to look at when I'm taking a bath.

I've been watching BBC World news lately. It seems like no matter how horrible the news is, those british accents make it sound better than it is.

I also got the new Diana Palmer romance novel the other day in the mail. I really wish she would stop writing these 'tragic' characters. It seems like lately all of her main characters have suffered tragedies and all of their relatives die and some of their relatives were mean and nasty. It gets depressing and sometimes so depressing that the happy ending doesn't compensate. It's a good thing I read mostly dialogue. I can skip a lot of the narration about the characters' hard lives. I can't skip the narration in the Alex Rider books because Alex is often on his own and doesn't have an opportunity to describe the action to another character with dialogue.

PJ has become a picky eater. I give her a choice of three kinds of dog food now and she may eat a few pieces if I'm lucky. She would rather have doggie treats or some of my biscuits so she doesn't want to eat the dog food.

If someone was to take a look at my living room closet, he or she would think I was a very weird person. I have several, and I mean a lot of, packages of puppy pads in there. I have to buy a lot. Walmart is selling quilted ones and they are wonderful, but I don't know how long walmart will sell quilted ones. So, I have to buy as many packages as I can in case walmart stops selling them. They stopped selling the 72 count packs. They were cheaper and 1 sqare inch bigger than the Hartz brand that they are currently selling.

Sometime this month I plan to buy a steam cleaner and clean my carpets. The cleaning will probably happen when I take those vacation days at the end of the month.

I bought these felt easter baskets today that are in the shape of bunny rabbits. They come with magic markers and you can color the bunnies however you want. I plan to turn them into little outfits for Winnie and PJ.

No comments: