Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Work Update

Well, the project has been killed so I no longer have that to make work nasty. But now I have an annoying worker aggravating me in her 'i'm so much better than you' way. I refrain from calling her a co-worker, because I would prefer to think of co-workers as those people who are in the same office as me. This worker is in a different office. I think she has personal issues with her job and she's taking them out on me. So, now I have even more fighting to do at work because this worker has the power to affect my evaluation so I have to spend more time fighting with her than actually doing my work just so I can protect my evaluation. I, of course, can't affect her evaluation because her boss won't listen to me or my boss and doesn't care. It just sucks.

So, in order to find some stress management, I am looking at news stories and finding some where there are people worse off than me. I found one this morning on BBC World News. The story about the French prosecutor who wants to try people whom he feels may be responsible for the crash of the Concorde a few years ago - a crash in which over 100 people died. Two of the people the prosecutor recommended trying are maintenance people allegedly responsible for installing a strip of metal on another plane - the stip of metal reportedly fell off on the runway and punctured one of the tires on the Concorde.

Lesson from this news story: My life could be worse, I could have been the one who let this metal strip fall off and puncture the Concorde's tire. My job and anything this annoying worker could do is nothing compared to how these maintenance men are feeling right now.

No comments: