Thursday, March 06, 2008

Work's Being Nasty Lately

Because I am stupid enough to do my job well, I got assigned to a project. No one wants to take responsibility for the project, so that means I have no one to defend me if someone objects to what I do on this project. I'm hung out to dry. The workplace's training unit won't answer questions. So, I have no help when I need it. It's taken three times the energy of a normal work day to deal with all of the aspects of this project, on top of doing my other regular duties, which weren't reduced at all when I got stuck on this project, and this project's been going on since December. I'm disgusted with the whole mess. Luckily, the project is supposed to be coming to an end soon. I try to remind myself that anything that goes on at work isn't as bad as what other people have to deal with. You know, President Bush decided to go to war with Iraq and I'm sure he never thought about the number of casualties there would be. He has to deal with that. All I deal with is money.

Today I had a miserable headache and felt really, really horrible. I thought it was due to a sugar overload since yesterday I ate a bag of reese's peanut butter eggs and a home made peanut butter egg that I bought from a lady at work selling them for a local private school. But as the day progressed I started thinking it might just be my usual Thursday headache. I suffered with it for most of the day since I thought it was sugar-related but I eventually did take some tylenol. By the time I got home, it was a dull ache and not the pulsing, sharp pain I had experienced for most of the day.

I was talking to mom tonight and realized that I'm going to be really tired this weekend. The clocks get set up one hour for daylight savings time and since I'm tired anyway even though I go to bed at 9pm every night, I figure I'll be really tired this weekend when I lose that hour. I'll really need a nap this weekend.

I'm going to buy a steam cleaner probably tomorrow night. I checked them out again at walmart the other day and realized that I can't put one of those in the cart and do my regular shopping at the same time. All the groceries won't fit. So, I think I'm going to buy the machine tomorrow night after work and then do my regular shopping on Saturday morning. I'm trying to decide if I should just use carpet cleaner alone or if I should put some of this pet stain enzyme solution in it. You know, like Nature's Miracle. I do know that for the next few weekends, I will be vacuuming my house to get the carpet ready for the cleaning. I can vacuum every day for a week and still suck up a canister full of dog hair. The carpet cleaning will take place toward the end of the month. Actually, Easter weekend. I am planning to take some time off from work to do the cleaning. And to celebrate Winnie and PJ's birthdays.

I haven't read any further in the Alex Rider series. I haven't wanted to read the books at work because I can't read them straight through. I only have a couple of 15 minute breaks and a half an hour for lunch to do any reading. Hopefully, I can read another one of the Alex Rider books this weekend.

Again, sounding like a broken record, I have been eating very bad foods and need to get back on the diet. But since I'm now on the 8am to 4pm schedule, maybe I can get some energy from the fact that I'm home sooner and that the weather is turning nicer and do a little bit of exercise. I think I might finally be done with peanut butter cups for a while so hopefully no more cravings for them.

There is this new show on BBC America that I like to watch. It's called You Are What You Eat. And if you can get past the gross part where the nutritionist woman talks to people about their poo, it's an informative, positive show about weightloss and healthy eating. Since I get off from work at 4pm, I can get home in time to watch about one and a half episodes.

I don't think we're going to have too much of a winter from now on. There might be some sleet and snow this weekend, but there shouldn't be much if any accumulation and what we do get will melt off in no time. I'm glad we're leaving winter behind. That's one thing that won't be stressing me out and exhausting me - worrying about not being able to get to and from my house when it snows.

I think I might go to Walmart tomorrow morning before work to shop. Not necessarily to buy since I have limited funds until I go to the bank tomorrow night after work, but I can look around. I need some recreation after all the nasty work stuff going on.

While I've been typing this, Steffi has been under the desk, digging around in a blanket she has under there. I warned her two or three times to stay away from my computer cords and even pulled the blanket away from them. Well, she kept wallowing that blanket and eventually, she dragged off the big black box that's attached to a cord that plugs in to the laptop. And while I was under the desk, trying to get that thing back up on to the desk where I had it, Winnie just had to bark in my ears. With the headache I've had today, that wasn't the most pleasant of experiences.

Well, I need to wash the dogs' water dishes and get ready for bed. One more yucky day at work and I can be home for a couple of days.

No comments: