Saturday, March 29, 2008

Shopping and Washing

I went shopping this morning, like I do on most Saturdays. At walmart I bought some remnant fabric. Usually, this fabric is priced around a dollar or less. Well, I got charged $79.00 for a piece of remnant fabric. It should have been $0.79. All of the employees had a good laugh at that mis-priced item. I bought dad a birthday present. I'm going to give it to him tomorrow. It probably won't work, but he's been talking about getting it for a while - it's the As Seen On TV product the "Listen Up" device that is supposed to amplify sounds so people can hear them. Walmart had some mouse pads on clearance so I got one - it's a palm tree-island-ocean picture.

As for the washing - I cleaned part of the family room carpet again this morning. I didn't get all of it, but I think I'm done. I just want the part of the carpet that I would lay on if I'm in there watching TV to be clean and that part is. I also started handwashing the shirts I wear to work but there's some deodorant on them and just plain handwashing doesn't seem to get it off. So, I looked up some advice on the web and I found plenty. I'm trying white vinegar first. Hopefully leaving that on as a pre-treater will work. Then I washed Winnie and PJ. Yes, they got baths. PJ did not like getting hers. But Winnie suffered through hers.

Steffi is up and around, alert and seemingly not in pain, but I think she's having either strokes or seizures. At times she will shake like she's really cold and then it stops. And I think twice, she's fallen down. I hesitate to call them strokes since most strokes, I think, have debilitating effects. And Steffi doesn't seem to be diminished in capacity from having these episodes.

And I think I'm going to make some biscuits for Dad for his birthday. Yes, I'm saying it's for dad but I'll eat some of them. And yes, that will mean going off the diet.

No comments: