Thursday, January 01, 2004

Well, so far this morning, I've taken down the Christmas Tree, made Dad find out why the blue lights on the tree weren't working, sneezed about a 100 times thanks to all the dust the tree had collected in the month it had been up, watched the Today show, took the dog for a walk, fed the dogs and cats, ate breakfast, and decided that when I start back to work on Monday, instead of sleeping in for a half an hour (I'm not going to be working 8 to 4, I'm going to work 8:30 to 4:30 for the next three months), I will get up at my regular time, and work out on my stair stepper machine for a half an hour.

On the Today show this morning, Al Roker (who was also at that very same time in California getting ready for the Rose Parade - that's how I knew the Today show was taped) interviewed this guy about what 2004's music would be like. The guy covered hiphop and rock, but not country. The country acts shouldn't appear on the Today show if they aren't going to get respect the rest of the time.

And on an unrelated note, I have really had it with all the Michael Jackson coverage. Isn't Scott Peterson doing anything? What about the Green River Killer? I'm sure Kobe Bryant spent more money on the wife this Christmas, where's the report on that? Frankly, since they have caught Michael Jackson in a lie (he wasn't in the bathroom for 45 minutes like he claims) I have come to believe that Michael Jackson is lying about a lot of other things too. I tried to remain objective considering the past of the alleged victim and the victim's family, but I'm really sick of the whole "everyone's out to get me" excuse that Jackson and his 'team' are offering. His attorney was there during the whole booking process, if anything had been wrong, the attorney would have filed a complaint before now. And the CBS interview - CBS has a Jackson special that it isn't sure about airing. Jackson may want them to air the special. So, CBS sets up this 'interview' on 60 Minutes to make even more money off this crap and as a way of gauging whether or not to air the special? A better time would have been spent watching Martha Stewart's recent appearance on the Larry King show. He didn't get into specifics about the charges against her, but it was more informative about her background, and made her seem more personable. She even brought out her mother and showed off some decorations or something.

Speaking of Larry King Live, last night, the hard-as-nails prosecutor turned analyst, Nancy Grace, was the guest host and she was reduced to a puddle of cuddly oohs and ahs for the whole show because the guest on the show was Jack Hanna who had with him a bunch of wild animals. I was astounded that she could have feelings because you never really see anything other than her 'pitbullish' attack style when she's talking about whatever case is in the news.

No comments: