Sunday, March 07, 2004

Last night I watched Nashville Star, which is a country music version of American Idol except that the American Idol people didn't create Nashville Star. Anyway, I watched it last year and the big winner was Buddy Jewell, who has a great cd out now and was just awarded a Gold Record for sales last night on the show. This season looks to be very promising. One of the judges is a radio show host and the only thing he seems to say is "I don't know" when he's critiqing the contestants. I say we vote him off. I would expect the judge to be the one person who does know. Of the 11 contestants on the show, one is from Ireland and one is from Canada. I liked them both. The one problem I had with last night's show was that we didn't know which songs were written by the contestants and which ones weren't. I could easily pick out the songs made hits by other artists, but sometimes people will sing an obscure Merle Haggard song that was on the B side of a 45 in 1962 or something.
While I was watching Nashville Star, the USA channel aired commercials for their new series, Touching Evil. I think I'll try to watch this show. It stars a guy who played Jarod's psycho brother, Kyle, on the NBC show, The Pretender. I loved the character of Kyle and was disappointed that he only figured into two episodes. They could have done so much more with him.

No comments: