Thursday, April 01, 2004

"Dive! Take Cover!!"

Also known as the Silly String seige. Brenda, a worker from Wood co. brought many cans of this silly string to the training in the Big M. She roomed with Mel so Mel got sprayed with the silly string a lot. One day Barb H., Angie O, and I were in Brenda and Mel's room when Brenda pulled out the silly string and started spraying. Barb H yelled, "Dive! Take Cover!" and she and I hit the floor and covered out heads. Brenda continued to spray and got Mel and Angie and got me and Barb H a little. I had a jacket over my head. Brenda said it was the funniest thing she'd ever seen, that she couldn't believe we could move that fast. Mel said she thought I had completely disappeared and she was nearly convinced at one point that I was never even in the room. They couldn't even see me, which I thought was strange since I really had no cover, I was crouching on the floor at the foot of the bed. Barb H told them that we had been practicing drills in our room the night before in case we needed to duck. Brenda also took the silly string to the hotel lounge and sprayed other people who attended our training. Brenda was the most entertainment we had at the training. I think she's succeeded in alienating all the trainers. So, she's a 100% success. I think that's good. Although, I must say that I had a good reputation up until I attended this training. After hanging out with Brenda and company, I'm not so sure of my rep. The pseudotrainers, my new nickname for the training unit, made up a name tag for me which said I was stationed in wood co, which is incorrect. I debated the pros and cons of being labeled Wood co. falsely and I think I finally decided that since the wood co techs had ticked off most of the training staff and the state office staff that it would be pretty cool to be remembered as one of them. After my boss insisted that I go to this training, I think a new reputation is the least I can do to make the bosses second guess their decision for sending me on this trip.

No comments: