Tuesday, April 20, 2004

Hey, someone searched for "Miranda's Window Dressing" according to the counter stats. That is so cool that someone would search for the specific name of my blog. Now it makes me wonder if I know the searcher or if the person is a brand new visitor.

Tonight I watched American Idol. I watched it because it was Barry Manilow night. I love Barry Manilow. I don't get the show though. I spent the hour comparing these contestants with those on Nashville Star and I think that the Nashville Star contestants are probably more polished and have more talent, with all due respect for the American Idol contestants. It takes a lot of grit to get up in front of millions and sing. Simon had some really good comments, which surprised me since I was under the media inspired impression that all Simon did was trash the contestants. I wish someone would tell the women on the show that louder isn't always better. And that guy, John - he's 16 and his rendition of Mandy was just a little scary. I really think he's too young to be on the show. There should be a reality check on the ages of the contestants seeing as how this is a reality show. If you wonder what I mean by scary, imagine Conan O'Brien singing to a date at a junior high school dance. I don't imagine I'll be watching the show after the Barry Manilow stuff is over. I prefer Nashville Star. I'd like to know what the American Idol judges would have to say about Nashville Star.

No comments: