Friday, April 09, 2004

Follow Up to Yesterday's Work Rant

Well, my supervisor said she would talk to Greg. She wanted me to record a narrative on the specific case involved to explain why what Greg said he was going to do wasn't getting done. So I did. I listed every error he made. It's a permanent record in that case for any employee to see. How will he ever learn if he isn't informed of his mistakes, right? Anyway I copied the narrative into an email and sent it to Greg and the supervisor. I told April, my new Tech, that I just bet Greg stole the reference manual that belonged to the woman April replaced since Greg is obsessed with my job. Well, anyway, it's now the weekend and I fully intend to forget Greg.
Moving on to new work stuff that isn't at all ranty. April did her first level 2 audit today. I was so happy. She really seems to be catching on fast. And we get along great. I was kind of worried about being in on the decision of who to hire, but it's seemed to have worked out well so far. In celebration of April's achievement, and just because we felt like it, Scarlett, April and I ordered pizza for lunch. We each had to pay $2.47 and Scarlett paid me in change. Bless her heart. But to be fair, I refused to let her write a check for that amount. April on gave me $1.50 in quarters and a dollar bill. Needless to say, I now have the song lyric "I got a little change in my pocket going jing-a-ling-a-ling" in my head. Today we received the office supplies we ordered. April got a new adding machine too. The Ram had ordered herself a new one and told April that she could switch hers for the new one if she wanted too. The only supply we didn't get was the mechanical pencil I ordered. But hopefully, it will come Monday. I can't believe they paid $4.46 for a pencil. Walmart sells the exact same pencil for $2.97. I don't want to know how much our new adding machines cost. And I refuse to call them calculators like everyone else does at work. To me, calculators are the pocket sized things you take to math class in school. Adding machines are the things with the rolls of paper. Anyway, most of the day was good. And it only got better after work as the sun was out and I got to do a little shopping at Krogers and then come home and walk Fritz around the yard for a while. It's nice to get outside on these sunny days.

Oh, and Scarlett, I got you something at Krogers. You know those pictures I have hanging up in my cubicle? Well, Krogers was selling pictures like those and I found one of a horsey that I thought you would like. I'll try to remember to bring it Monday. I'll be stopping by the office for a bit before heading down to the state office.

No comments: