Friday, April 16, 2004

I haven't posted any diary stuff the last few days, so let me try to catch you up on the oh so exciting life I lead. Last Saturday I noticed Neighborcat was limping around on his left hind paw. The first time I looked at it, it just looked swollen and the claw of his outermost toe was protruding. The second time I looked at it, it was bloody, so I poured some peroxide on it. Then later in the week it rained, which meant there wasn't much of a chance of whatever was wrong with his foot going away. So, today I was home, Neighborcat was home and the Vet was in, all at the same time. So, I scooped him up and whisked him off to the vet, who proceeded to tell me that Neighborcat had been bitten by something. We don't know what. So, Neighborcat got a shot and some medicine that he has to be given twice a day directly in the mouth, but I'm going to try the old sneak it in the food method. And Neighborcat has to stay locked up for probably a week to give the injury a chance to heal.

I talked to the bank today about mortgages. Bad news is that they are all adjustable rate mortgages and I really don't want one of those. But considering my bank is only three branches large and not some conglomerate, I can understand them needing to make some extra money. John, at work, said I could talk to him about house buying when I got ready for it since he just went through the experience a couple of years ago and knows everything about it, so I might corner him next week.

I bought a Kim Possible Beach Towel at Walmart a few days ago. There is some crazy cashier there who thinks she knows me and talks to me like she knows me. This time she asked me if I was going to the beach or the pool so I said beach. Truthfully, I just bought the towel because it was a Kim Possible thing, but I figured it would be easier to just make up an answer for her.

Yesterday, my sister pre-ordered the A-Team Season 1 DVD on Amazon for me. I can't wait to get it. I have all 98 A-Team episodes on VHS - it took me 10 years to get them all. But I really wanted them on DVD. Even thought about buying a dvd recorder to transfer them over to dvd. I hope the rest of the seasons come out on DVD too. It stinks that I have to wait until June, but I should get it in time for my June vacation, which means I will have a lot of time to watch the episodes over and over again.

I got the next Family Secrets book this week. And read it the same day I got it. In about 2 hours. Sacrificed my nightly junk food snacking to finish the book. I just couldn't wait to get this book. I kept looking for it at Walmart even though I knew it wouldn't be released until sometime this month. This book is about Gideon Faulkner (what a name!), the genetically altered supergenius who was raised by the evil villains and told that he would die of an immune deficiency thing if he ever left the sealed living quarters he was kept in. Then they told him the government had tried to kill him and did kill his family so he would have sufficient motivation to steal $350 Billion from the World Bank and send the whole world into a financial crisis. So, for the first 10 books of the series, Gideon was the bad guy. But with this book, he became the good guy and got the girl. I love the misunderstood villains. And Gideon reminded me of Jarod from The Pretender (check out the Ultimate Pretender Page in the Links section).

I got some sun today since today was such a beautiful, warm, sunny day. No tan. As usual.

And my niece, Jasmine, is here for an overnight and most of tomorrow stay. I bought her a couple more Elmo's World DVDs today at Walmart. She likes Elmo. I just wish they had Teletubbies at Walmart. Jasmine really, really likes the Teletubbies. But I think her favorite thing is to go outside. We're lucky the weather's supposed to be perfect tomorrow, just like today. We'll just chain her up out there with Fritz's chain and ...... ha, ha, ha...... Just kidding. If I could chain anyone up outside, it'd probably be Dad.

We've had a couple more calves born in the last couple of weeks. I have pictures on the computer, just haven't gotten around to resizing them and adding them to the photo album. I might do that this weekend. And I might get back to the Spymaster's Agenda. I've taken a bit of a break from updating that lately.

Nashville Star is really getting tough to watch, too many really good contestants . Alias is getting more exciting to watch now that Vaughn knows that wifey-poo is the enemy. The Apprentice ended last night with the Donald choosing whatshisname. I like that it came down to two guys who were taking the show seriously as a job interview. I know the network brass likes a good catfight, but they really need to stop promoting the women that way. That's why I never really got into watching the Apprentice. Or most of the other reality shows on tv.

No comments: