Thursday, April 22, 2004

Scarlett and I had a little run in with the Help Desk today about a case. Our field attorney instructed us to do something and the Help Desk doesn't want to do it that way. It's no big deal to me, but I have a feeling when I'm down there at the state office tomorrow working with the Help Desk, I'll be subjected to a lecture or two. Not that it was my doing, I didn't make the decision, the attorney did. But I don't have time for a long winded lecture from another attorney. I had two of them this week from mine. There's a show on BBC America about attorneys and the line from the show that's heard on the commercial is "The thing about lawyers is that because we are paid by the word, we feel compelled to speak." Our attorneys aren't paid by the word, but I swear they think they are. Well, the worst that can happen is that I'll get the lecture that was meant for our attorney and I'll have to completely reaudit the case. I just love doing the same work over and over again for no good reason when I have only three days to do five days worth of 2 people's work each week. So, once again the Help Desk is proving that their nickname of 'the helpless desk' is not a misnomer. They're not helping us a bit.

No comments: