Thursday, November 22, 2007

Turkey Day

Well, Mom and Dad came up early and I let the puppies out. They've been out all day and Fritz is still growling and snapping. Hopefully after a few more days, he will settle down. For dinner, we had turkey, home made mashed potatoes, home made noodles, home made cranberry sauce, stove top stuffing, canned sweet potatoes, canned green beans, heinz gravy, and hot rolls. For dessert, dad made a chocolate cake and brought up some chocolate ice cream. After dinner, we all took naps. Dad had the spare bed, poor mom sat in the chair, and I got the couch with Winnie and PJ. Then Dad and I put plastic up on the windows in the family room to keep some of the cold air from blowing in, I got out my pre-lit Christmas tree for mom to use this year and sacked up their share of the leftovers and they went home.

We are planning to be at walmart by around 4am tomorrow morning to get dad's $4.00 coffee pot. LOL. There will be other things bought. But I think it's funnier to say we are going for the coffee pot. And yes, I know the sale doesn't start until 5am. Dad wants to get there early to find out where everything is going to be so we can get what we want before they sell out. I was hoping I would get to come home and stay home, but no. I have to go back out when the post office opens to pick up a package. So, while I'm out, I'll stop at the bank and then put more money on my prepaid credit card.

There were only two cooking related injuries today: I cut off a nail with my vegetable peeler and then I poked my hand with a knife while I was cutting up the potatoes. And a small matter of pride: the turkey was supposed to take 3 hours and 20 minutes to cook and the pop up timer thing popped up at exactly 3 hours and 20 minutes.

No comments: