Wednesday, October 01, 2003

An answer from Tech Support

Here's what Blogger Tech Support sent me in answer to my question about the mysterious linking/referring trouble.....



There is a bug in Blog*Spot's serving system that occasionally causes the
wrong blog to be served from a given address. Though we haven't been able
to completely track it down, it is a very rare issue, and checks are in
place to catch and correct the it within 60 seconds of its occurrence. So
you should be able to reload your blog after waiting a minute or so, and
the problem will go away.

Thanks for your patience,
Kimmy


Original Message Follows:
------------------------
From: "Miranda Allen"
Subject: People who visit my blog are ending up at other people's??
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 14:26:26 -0700

I have visited several blogs to see how other people have designed theirs.
Now I find out that people who come to my blog are ending up at those
blogs I've visited. The owners of those blogs are asking me how this can
happen if I haven't linked to their blog and I don't know how this can
happen. I haven't linked to the blogs of the two people who've brought
this to my attention and I think it's a shame that they have to waste
their time reading through my blog to find a link to their site which was
never there to begin with. I have fiddled with the template so I might
have accidentally changed something I shouldn't have. I would appreciate
any help you can offer. Thanks!!





No comments: