Thursday, October 16, 2003

In Marketing 101 I learned about this. I can't believe they are still making these mistakes.

I haven't tried this game. But it looks like a nice way to spend a few minutes...

Today was Bosses Day and we at work didn't even know it. Well, Julie knew it because she sends Hallmark E-cards at work and saw the holiday listed on the website. And Marlene found out yesterday and rushed around getting cards and stuff. She couldn't find Bosses Day cards, so she got thank you cards instead for the bosses and we signed them this morning. Tracy had some trouble with a client today. The client couldn't understand the accounting so I met with him to explain it. Five explanations later, he still didn't understand. So, when the client said, "We came in to see where this check went." I thought "A-ha! A way to get rid of these folks." So, I told him where the specific check went. Made him happy and got him out of the office. Tracy was thrilled to find someone who knew less about our work than she does. I joked with her that she was only hired to make us feel smarter, and she said, and now I've got someone who makes me feel smarter, that client.
Today, my supervisor worked on writing up our initial evaluations. These evaluations are only to tell us what our responsibilities are for the next year. She said that mine was the hardest because she doesn't know what I do. My job as the Numbers Queen is a specialized position and unless you've had some kind of training in it, you really don't know all the specifics. And my supervisor hasn't had any experience with my position. But, that means she's in awe of me so that's kind of good.
Tony is still convinced that he isn't dressing as Hula-Boy for Halloween. But I have given this much thought and I think I could fashion a 'grass' skirt out of these plastic grocery store bags and make a lei out of paper flowers and present them to him on Halloween.
And the Regional supervisor found out today that she's going to be a Granny. I don't know how she feels about that. She's only 50. But I guess this means having to dole out more money on gifts in the near future.

Here's a website everyone should check out. It's about an annual event held in WV that I would love to participate in someday.

No comments: