Wednesday, October 22, 2003

Sad news out of the world of pro wrestling. In tribute, here are a couple of catch phrases Hawk used in his career: "We snack on danger and dine on death." "Revenge is a dish best served cold, and we served the coldest in town." And finally, and probably most popular, "Aaahhhhh, what a rush!"

If I had enough patience, I'd click on some of the links and find out about the Christian urban legends....

What a good watch-cat!

I love puns

Another boring day today at work. We finally were sent the instructions for nominating a co-worker for the BEST award (one of those tqm-we're ok, you're ok awards that employers hand out to try to make you think your job doesn't suck). My boss says I have to nominate Tony again, but I don't know what to nominate him for. One of the categories is actually paying homage to your image. Seriously, you can get an award for demonstrating your confidence about your job through 'self assurance' - so, if you're conceited, you get an award. You don't have to be right, just conceited. I love Government logic. Tony skipped work today and tomorrow so he could attend the WVU - Virginia Tech football game. Apparently WVU fans take this opportunity every year to set fire to cars, couches, trash cans and anything else they can get their hands on. Luckily, this is the last year WVU will play Virginia Tech. VT is moving to the Atlantic Coast Conference and won't play WVU anymore. I know it sounds like I watch a lot of football, but that isn't true. It's just that this Atlantic Coast Conference is on the news at least once a week. Anyway, Tony is a big WVU fan, so naturally, for the latest prank, I made signs supporting Marshall University (WVU's in-state Rival) and hung them up in his cubicle. He comes back Friday.

I have a job interview Friday for a job in my local office. I already do the very same job, but this one is a paygrade higher than mine, so I applied to try to get a pay raise. I hear one of the customers we have also applied for the same job. I have a feeling though, that the interviewers will want someone who has some experience in our field. If this position was entry level, the customer would probably have a better chance.

Well, one of my sister's cats has a cold I think. Her right eye has been draining a bit. We were worried enough yesterday to decide to take her to the vet, but tonight, the eye looks better. So, dad thinks we should wait a day or two and see what happens.

No comments: