Saturday, October 25, 2003

Tonight's Jesse Ventura's America was about two topics: 1) Everyone should have guns because guns don't kill people, people kill people, and 2) Lyndon Baines Johnson is accused by a Texas Lawyer of conspiring to kill John F. Kennedy. The Texas Lawyer, interestingly enough, is the father of the current White House Press Secretary. One of the arguments the gun lovers used was that having guns in their possession was a way to protect their families. Well, if an intruder breaks into their homes unarmed, he will easily be able to arm himself with their stockpile of weapons. So, I don't want to hear any whining when the intruder kills their families with their own weapons.
I tried to give the cat her eye medicine this afternoon. I was here by myself and it's usually a two person job, but I actually did manage to get some of the medicine in her eye.
Thanks to my niece's weekly visits to the house, the tv is always turned on to cartoons on Friday nights and Saturdays. So, believe it or not, I have started watching ...... Kim Possible. At least she's a crime fighter. I can see her as a live action movie someday. If it's someday soon, maybe an Olsen Twin could play her. I don't dare turn the tv to a different channel while the baby's here. I tried that once and Dad had to yell about it. He yells about everything though. It's not like the baby sits like a zombie in front of the tv the whole time she's here. She watches it a few minutes and then she's off to some other adventure. She spends more time watching this Catz program on the computer and the Pinball game on the other pc. And besides, Jasmine might like Laurence Llewelyn Bowen. I've been trying to get her to say "Toiles de Jouy'" and "MDF". But her favorite words are 'Candy' and 'More', not necessarily in that order.

No comments: