Monday, October 27, 2003

Oh sure, now they are blaming the internet for the deficit. That Bush will say anything but admit that he sucks....

Today was an ok day at work. I put my alien driver's license in my id badge cover today. I got the alien license at a Dollar store months ago but thought it might be cute to wear it on the other side of my real work ID. Everyone got a kick out of it. I particularly like the part that says my weight is 'weightless'. Heeheehee. My supervisors told me today that they will submit me for the Tech 3 position I applied for and interviewed for last week. So, it looks like I will finally be getting what I deserve and a 5% raise too. My friend, Brenda, told me today that she had been selected for a case worker position in her office. I hope she is happy doing it. I don't think I could be. I had to help give the cat her eye medicine tonight. Actually, I help do it three times a day. I get to hold her. It's a wonder I don't leak when I drink something as many times as she's stabbed me with her claws. But her eye is looking a lot better. I won an Ebay auction for a Christmas present for my mom. It was really three auctions, but from the same seller. Looks like he'll combine shipping too. Had to email him to request his address and name though. You'd think people would just put that information on their pages. Now I have to wait another day or two before mailing out the payment. Alias was pretty good last night. Unfortunately, reading the complete episode summary before the show aired took some of the joy out of it. I didn't seem too interested in watching it. So, despite my addiction to spoilers, I think I will refrain from reading the summaries in the future. TV Guide has an article in its latest edition about the handymen of tv home improvement shows like Trading Spaces. But they did not feature Handy Andy from Changing Rooms or Phil and JJ from House Invaders. I was greatly disappointed. It's obvious that TV Guide is snubbing these guys in a blatant American Pride kind of display. I may have to fire off a letter to TV Guide informing them of the many, many fans BBC America has. This is not the first time they have ignored the contributions of BBCA. While they always feature shows from the HGTV channel, they have not featured a BBCA show on their home and garden page. It's deplorable. I should just cancel my subscription.

No comments: