Thursday, October 30, 2003

Heard about this on NPR today

Really good quotes from Albert Einstein

Work was more of the same today. We have a retirement party tomorrow and weeks ago, we were asked to tell the planners what we were bringing. Well, we told them and we only found out today that they didn't want what we were bringing. So, we all decided we would chip in a couple dollars each on a medium sized vegetable tray. I hope it's crap. I told Angie I was going to make what I was bringing next week and bring it in for us in the Jackson co. office to enjoy. The Roane co. office always treats Jackson co. like third class citizens. When Marlene's mom died, Angie called over to the Roane co. office to see about coordinating food donations to the family, as is customary in the Bible Belt. Well, they told Angie that they had already done what they were going to do and we could just do something on our own. If we are going to get the Cinderella treatment (Roane co. being the evil step-sisters), then, by golly, I want my prince!

Fritz is having a hard time, and it's only going to get worse. He is afraid of gun shots. I had him outside and he heard one and had to come inside. Then I got him out again, and it happened again. With hunting season coming up, I don't know how I'm going to get Fritz outside. At least he's puppy-pad trained, but he really does need some exercise too and can't spend all his time indoors.

George, my Boone co. co-worker, is really pushing his luck. He had his wife turn in his doctor's excuse for the two weeks off and now his supervisor is asking him how he knows he'll be getting a headache in the future to be able to request this time off work. His doctor's excuse is from a neurologist who sees George for migrains. So, George and his wife emailed the bosses to complain. His wife works in the same office with him; a good reason to not hire related folks. I nearly forwarded the email to Tony so he could see what George is up to (I keep Tony up to date on George), but I didn't. I figured the one time I'd get caught sending an email I wasn't supposed to would be that one and I didn't want to get George in trouble. Not that he isn't in any right now anyway.

No comments: