Friday, October 24, 2003

Boy, if I had the money to spend.........

Very cool!

Boy am I glad it's Friday. I had to dress up today for work. I had a job interview for a job that I'm already doing. I think I have a good chance at getting it. There is only one other applicant and the supervisors had to send her application down to personnel to see if she actually qualified for the position. If she doesn't, then they won't have to interview her and I'll be the only one left. I was listening to my Elvis Presley 2nd to None cd at work today when it stopped right in the middle of Elvis telling me that he Wanted Me, Needed Me and Loved Me. I was so depressed :( So, I took my cd to Tony and he said we just couldn't have anything getting in the way of an Elvis song, so he wiped off my cd for me. I didn't see any dirt on my cd, but apparently Tony's got an eye for dirt. I offered to let Tony listen to the Hula song that's on the cd, but he said no. He never listens to my music.
My sister got me a tiara so I could show my true self next week for Halloween. My true self is, naturally, A Queen. They call me the Copier Queen because I can fix the paper jams, but I have also been dubbed the Numbers Queen. I think I will fashion a septor out of my ruler and a ball of aluminum foil.
We took my sister's cat to the vet. He said she had gotten a scratch in or on her eye, probably from another cat (That fiesty Shade, no doubt). So, we now have to put ointment in her eye three times a day. I had a heck of a time getting the cat into the pet carrier. Especially when the dogs thought I was doing it so they could have easy access to their favorite 'toy'. But once she got in the carrier, she didn't want to come out.
Last night on Larry King Live, Larry's topic was remembering Dean Martin. I remember Dean Martin best from the movie Rio Bravo. Someone last night said that Dean loved working with John Wayne and loved making movies. Larry's guests last night were Jerry Lewis, who was very gracious and gave a lot of credit to Dean for the success of their comedy team, Nancy Sinatra, Deana and Ricci Martin (Dean's kids), Dom Deluise, Phyllis Diller, and some guy who produced and or managed stuff for Dean Martin. It was a good hour of tv, and surprisingly, Larry wasn't half as disrespectful to the panel. He hardly interrupted any of them like he does guests of his other shows.
Well, my niece is up from her nap, so that means I have to get off the computer. If she sees me here, she will expect me to play the catz program for her.

No comments: