Friday, October 31, 2003

Tips for getting a live operator


So, today was the retirement party for Barbara N. in the Roane co. office. There was turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, squash casserole, sweet potato casserole, corn, beans, peas, three kinds of pasta salad, lasagna, rolls, salad, and other assorted side dishes. They also had cake, brownies, and a coconut cake. We ate 'til we were stuffed. Then they gave Barbara her gifts. She got a quilt rack, a jewelry armoire, some jewelry and the big gift - her family got together and bought her a brand new minivan. It was the first time and probably the last time I will ever see someone get a car as a gift. Unless it's a hotwheels or matchbox car. Unfortunately, we had to come back to our office and 'work' after the party. Tony left after the party because he didn't feel like working. Darlena worked a little bit. I only worked when Darlena asked me a question. Julie attended a baby shower that another unit in the office was holding for one of their employees. Tracy is back from training. She's a riot. It's about time our office had someone young and energetic.

I did a bit of Christmas shopping tonight. I didn't plan on it, but there I was and I saw something on the Christmas list and had to get it. It's a gift for Mom. I checked WalMart tonight for Kim Possible (the Disney channel cartoon) books but didn't see any. Although I did see Kim Possible toys. Everyone was in town tonight. Not only does most of the local population get paid today, but it's the big football game against our cross town rivals, the Ravenswood Red Devils. Those fans were in town and then for some reason, kids from Wayne county were in town. I actually got trapped in a corner of WalMart by two very rude families with tons of kids looking at toys. There should be a law about kids in stores.

I was watching tv last night and saw a commercial for Yahoo. The song that was playing on the commercial was a Barry Manilow song (Yippee!!!). But they had rocked it up some. Well, gotta go. The baby wants the catz program and I gotta feed the dogs and take them out. Someone else can play the catz for the baby.

No comments: