Saturday, April 08, 2006

Maybe a Switch

I'm thinking of changing a bit of the puppy training method. Now that I know Phoebe will do her business outside, I'm thinking of using the 7 days method with taking her outside instead of having her use puppy pads. I don't think using the puppy pads is teaching her the right thing. I don't know how Fritz got to be paper trained and outside trained and learned the difference between the pads and the carpet, but I don't think Phoebe is going to learn the difference. I don't know if Phoebe will ever be really trained since I have to leave her for the 8 hours I'm at work and then when I'm asleep at night. Why can't the Pet Psychic, Sonia Fitzpatrick, just tell Phoebe to do her business outside? That would be easy training.

I went to Mom and Dad's today for a little while. Dad wanted me there to do something for him. So, he took my car down to the shop to get the tires and oil changed and I drove his car back to his house. He came back there a couple hours later and looked around and said "where's the dog?" I told him I left her at home and he seemed really disappointed. If he wants to see her that badly, then he can come up to the house every day I'm working at noon, like they first agreed to do, and let her out to help with the housetraining.

No comments: