Saturday, April 01, 2006

Busy, Busy

Well, Phoebe is keeping me pretty busy now that she's here with me. Phoebe being my new little chihuahua puppy. I will have to post a picture sometime. Fritz and Steffi are tolerating her and sometimes even playing with her a little. Phoebe is very afraid of the outside. I don't think she had ever been outside before I bought her. So, I'm thinking puppy pad training will be the way to go. She did get to meet Lapcat today. No fights there. I've only had Phoebe at my house since last night and she already has some idea of what the puppy pads are for. I think it's now just a matter of making sure she remembers that she has to use them every time. Good thing her collar has a bell on it so I can hear where she is in the house. Mom's getting about three or four phone calls a day from me about Phoebe. She likes to get the updates. Although she does call Phoebe Susie once in a while. That's because Phoebe looks a lot like Susie, Mom's chihuahua who died some years ago. Phoebe doesn't like the crate at night. She cried and howled much of last night. But she will get used to it. I had her in the crate a little bit today and she settled down after a while. But when that girl on Nashville Star was singing, Phoebe started howling. I guess she liked that song and wanted to sing along. I'm taking a lot of this coming week off from work to work on housebreaking Phoebe. Hopefully, I can reinforce the puppy pad idea enough in the next week that the training will work.

What else is going on? Well, Dad got his other tree cut down. Mom's computer still won't work. It's a shame she's paying for internet service and can't use it. Oh well, the pc will make a good planter for mums this spring.

Yesterday was Mom and Dad's 39th wedding anniversary. Today was Dad's birthday. I got them a joint present for both occasions - A Roy Orbison Greatest Hits CD from Walmart. It was on sale. Dad's still on his diet allegedly so I didn't get him a cake or anything. He did make a cheesecake today, but that was because the expiration date was coming up on it and they had to get it used.

No comments: