Saturday, April 15, 2006

Shopping and Company

This morning I went shopping early. I left here about 8Am and went to walmart first. I bought a shirt that was on clearance for $5.00, a Doug Stone cd and a snow cone maker among the usual weekly items I buy. They didn’t have the chicken treats that the dogs love. I was very disappointed. Stopped and got gas and turned in my winning lottery ticket for two more tickets. Took my paycheck to the bank and then headed to the Dollar General store to see if they had any short sleeved shirts I would like. I bought two there. After that, it was time for the grocery store and then I came home. I put my groceries away and had Phoebe out for a while. Watched Nashville Star. I think it will end up being between Jared Ashley and Matt Mason. They are both pretty good, but I like Matt better. It was that Marty Stuart song he sang early on that did it for me. I had just finished making some spaghetti when Mom and Dad came up. Dad had to take the studded tires off of their car and put the regular tires back on. Mom puppy sat Phoebe while I washed the floor and her crate, cleaned the bathroom toilets, washed Phoebe’s squeaky toy, and sacked up the trash. Then I was able to actually get a bit of a nap. Yay! Phoebe took a nap too apparently. But she was really happy to see Mom and Dad. Dad took Phoebe out for a walk but she didn’t get off the porch. She was hunting for cat food. So, I took her out after my nap. It took her about a half an hour to get around to doing #2 and that was after carrying her off the porch about three times. I would take her off the porch and she would go right back. So, all the dogs were happy to see Mom and Dad.

I got an Easter card in the mail today from my niece and nephew.

I think tomorrow, I’ll use the carpet cleaner on the living room carpet. Since I get up at 5am to take Phoebe outside, I have all kinds of time in the early morning for work.

No comments: