Monday, April 24, 2006

The Vet Visit that Wasn't

I was going to take Phoebe to the vet tonight to see about her dew claw. She broke her nail but it's still attached. The toe is swollen but I've been dunking it warm soapy water and it helped yesterday. Unfortunately Fritz had other plans for me. He somehow found the stinkiest, messiest mud hole in the pasture and rolled in it. He was covered in this mud and he wanted in the house. He came trotting up the steps like nothing was wrong. Well, he found out something was wrong. I bathed him before he could come back inside. Now I smell like the stinkiest, messiest mud hole. I have to get a bath myself now. By the time I get cleaned up it will be too late to take Phoebe to the vet. So, I'm hoping tomorrow evening after work I can take her to the vet. It will be tough because I get home about 20 after 4pm and they are open until 5pm. I probably won't be able to get Fritz and Steffi in the house in time. Maybe if her toe doesn't get worse she can wait until Wednesday when the vet's open from 6:30pm to 8pm.

No comments: