Thursday, April 06, 2006

Phoebe Today

I worked a half a day today so I could come home and look after Phoebe. I let her out of the crate at around 12:15pm. She did her business on the puppy pads (both 1 and 2) and so I let her out into the house. Since it was warm today, I put the leash on Phoebe and took her outside. She wasn't so scared of the outside today and she even peed a couple of times out there. She played a bit with Fritz and Steffi and even smelled one of the cats. Phoebe played a lot in the family room and I found a couple of rubber doggy toys for her to chew on. Maybe that will save my hands. After all that peeing, you'd think she would be peed out. But no. I brought all three dogs into the living room where I have puppy pads on the floor. Phoebe sniffed them all and then peed on one of them! Yay!!! I gave her a treat for that. I know the dog whisperer would get on to me because I'm sending her mixed messages - pee on the pad, pee outside, don't pee on carpet, here's a treat, but no treat for that. Hopefully it won't confuse her too much. I seriously think I'm going to give up my bathroom to her during the days I'm at work so she won't have to spend so much time in the crate. But I will still have to use that bathroom for baths and hair washing. The other bathroom in the house only has a shower.

No comments: